Update #2

Hi I have a working board now but I realized I will need to spin another PCB before sending out a broader beta testing run.

The current PCB needs an inverter due to the way I hooked the LVCC4245 to the apple II bus. Once I added that I also found the LVCC4245 had some timing issues in the IIgs.

Replacing the LVCC4245 with a standard 74LS245D seems to work okay so far.

My first real world test other then web browsing was to use Contiki to participate in the IRC server on the other night.


I thought perhaps some folks might like to see my hardware progression from Uthernet I to Uthernet II (after the decision was made to finalize on W5100 vs the other contenders).

So from left to right we have (1) the original Uthernet, then we have (2) a custom bridge adapter that let me use the WIZ811MJ module with the original Uthernet base board, then we have (3) PCB version of that adapter (while this works fine there are clearance issues in adjacent slots that make this too risky for a production solution imho) so I shelved that idea and moved on to (4) the AIO (All in One) card.

Quick update

I just received the alpha boards. They were ordered from iTead this time. They came in ahead of schedule so I have to get busy and order the parts now 😀