DDT parts questions

Forum for the discussion of building and moding the ProDEV DDT debugger boards

Moderator: support

DDT parts questions

Postby gleinnek » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:42 am

I have a DDT //e kit and have a couple questions about getting the parts?

I have been searching the Web for parts and there seem to be more than one type of the various part numbers listed in the DDTPARTS.TXT file.

1. What speed should the EPROM be?
2. What speed should the SRAM be?
3. What voltage should the capacitors be? Is tantalum radial the same as tantalum center? Does '0.1" centers' mean '0.1" tantalum center'? What does .1LS/.2LS mean? I see that on some sites.
4. How do you program the PAL and 74S PROMs? The kit I purchased came with the //e chips, but I want to use it in a IIGS.

That should be it for now. I am sure more will arise as this project moves along.

Thanks,

^*^ Gene Linkoski ^*^
glinkoskiTAverizon.net
gleinnek

Postby support » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:01 am

Hi Gene,

I purchased both the IIe and IIgs kits. I have only built the IIgs version so far. A good idea is to get the data sheets for these parts.

1. What speed should the EPROM be?

AM27128A-2DC. so 200ns according to the datasheet http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/4030039.pdf

2. What speed should the SRAM be?

HM6264ALP-15 so that would be 150ns

3. What voltage should the capacitors be?

Greater then 5v - i typically see 16v 25v or 35v - i have both 25v and 35v in my IIe kit

Is tantalum radial the same as tantalum center?

Not sure. I would get radials

Does '0.1" centers' mean '0.1" tantalum center'?

I am pretty sure centers means the spacing between pins. .2 centers are wider then .1 centers and can be made to fit by bending the pins but it is prefereable to have the centers match the PCB. So get .1

What does .1LS/.2LS mean? I see that on some sites.

Lead spacing same as centers I beleive.

4. How do you program the PAL and 74S PROMs? The kit I purchased came with the //e chips, but I want to use it in a IIGS.

You are gong to need an eprom burner to make a copy of the eprom. I can do that for you if you want to pay for the eprom and cost of shipping it to you. As far as the pal's go I will have to check my eprom burner to see if it can handle them. Henry Courbis from ReactiveMicro could probably do both the PALs and Eprom for you.
support
Site Admin

Return to DDT Build and Mod