ip65

Open forum is for the discussion of the Uther ethernet board for the Apple II series of computers.

Moderator: support

Code in CVS

Postby support » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi David, I didn't realize you were uploading your uthernet based code to sourceforge yet.

I downloaded a copy last night and hope to have some cycles to take a closer look at your work ...

One question - what's your build tool? - Eclipse?

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Postby David Schmidt » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:13 pm

KPR wrote:Out of curiosity are you goint to try and finish the missing tcp/ip and dhcp functionality??

No - that would take way too much space. I really like the compact nature of the stack, even though it only gives me UDP.
David Schmidt

dhcp

Postby support » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:48 pm

dhcp could be implemented as an overlay - loaded at atartup and then overlayed with another part of the code. The dhcp functionality could be taken from the Marinetti link layer driver ..It's 16 bit code but it could be back ported to 8 bit. Or the dhcp module from contiki could also be used.

Let me know if you think it is worthwhile to do ...

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Re: dhcp

Postby David Schmidt » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:09 pm

support wrote:Let me know if you think it is worthwhile to do ...

Hrm. I'm not convinced I'd use it (at least not right away) - but I bet it would be very useful.
David Schmidt

ip65 checksum error mystery solved

Postby David Schmidt » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:59 am

Finally - after months of on-and-off debugging... I found a(nother) problem in ip65's checksum algorithm. It was keeping some large-ish packets (>256 bytes) from generating correct checksums. I compared the algorithm to another tiny ip stack from the eth64 project (http://thedarkside.ath.cx/eth64/) and found it to have the same bug. So, I fell back to Contiki and stole their checksum algorithm. Viola, it finally works!

So, I've supplied the code to MagerValp, and we'll see what he chooses to do with it. He may decide he doesn't want to depend on Contiki sources, so he may want to just repair his own algorithm. So we'll see what happens on that front. But in the mean time, I can FINALLY get moving on my project again. What a relief!
David Schmidt

Previous

Return to Uther - General Discussion