Display Mods

Disscussions around enhancing your IIc+ computer

Moderator: support

Postby aiiadict » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Display mods? You mean changing resolution, graphics/text ratio, etc?

One I can think of: allow display of graphics/text/video from currently active AUX bank..

have a softswitch: CXXX

CXXX = 0, operates in original manner
CXXX = 1, video from currently active bank
CXXX = (0000000)1, display video from bank (0000000)
aiiadict

External Display support

Postby support » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi Rich, I was thinking more in lines of supporting some kind of external LCD display that could be made to look like an offcial addon.

The fist step would be understandng the external video interface and what could be done to convert those signals into something that could be displayed on an LCD.

I know you can use a PSOne LCD display on the composite output .. not sure if that is good for all video mode though.

I had some wild idea that if the disk drive was removed, the power supply was updated to the pico then a lcd could be flush mounted in the top of the case ..possible on a hinge.
support
Site Admin

Re: External Display support

Postby aiiadict » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:37 am

support wrote:I had some wild idea that if the disk drive was removed, the power supply was updated to the pico then a lcd could be flush mounted in the top of the case ..possible on a hinge.

Hey that would be cool... add a DB connector to the IIc and you could hook up the 3.5 externally... I wonder if you could fit a suitable battery inside the case, where the drive was...

Rich
aiiadict

Yes thats it (sort of)

Postby support » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:24 pm

Have a look at the power Mods thread ..thats pretty close to what I was thinking of ... a Li-ion battery in place of the internal drive ... with a bootable internal SDCard drive then you would not need the internal floppy.

You could always boot off the extrnal 5.25 or 3.5 on a IIc+ or a 5.25 on the memory expandable IIc.

My plans do not include the non memory expandable IIc at this time ROM version 0 or 1.
support
Site Admin

Return to Hot Rodding the IIc+