Contiki Web Server pages

Open forum for discussion on the Contiki Operating System for the Apple II series of computers.

Moderators: support, oliver

Postby support » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:37 am

It's nice to see someone actively working with it

Have fun ....

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Postby luddite » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:40 am

support wrote:It's nice to see someone actively working with it

This is something I've been wanting to do since even before the Uther came out, so I'm really happy about that I finally have an 8-bit Apple server up and running.

I've moved it to a IIe... it's quite slow, but that seems mostly due to the *minimal* graphics. I don't suppose the Disk II helps much either ;-)
A few hints for anyone else trying this:
All tags and head content have to be in uppercase, otherwise it only works on LAN and spits out gibberish at that...
CSS also has to be uppercase. Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way it works.

Anyway, I'm going to leave it running from now on, so take a potshot at it and see if it falls over.
luddite

Postby support » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:35 am

I can get the main page to load (usually after a few attempts) but none of the sub pages will load.
support
Site Admin

Postby luddite » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:27 pm

support wrote:I can get the main page to load (usually after a few attempts) but none of the sub pages will load.

I've tried it with all the OS X browsers I could find and the results are a bit surprising...
    Safari - everything works as expected, but it's quite slow
    IE5 - works perfectly... and fast -- go figure!
    Firefox - first page loads fairly quick, but links to other pages don't work. After it times out hitting the "try again" button doesn't work, but entering the url in the address bar does (???)
    Camino - won't even try to connect
    Lynx - loads first page, but thinks subsequent pages are downloadable files... won't load images for some reason ;-)
    iCab - works, but lots of timeout errors.
    Opera - won't even connect.
    Netscape 9 - opens first page, but nothing else.

So it looks like I might have to put "This site requires Internet Explorer" :cry:
I'm still tweaking the html... I had originally used uppercase for hyperlinks, since I figured the ProDOS filenames are all uppercase, but it turns out that the server likes lowercase better.
luddite

Postby support » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:08 pm

I find with IE7 that the first attempt at each page fails but a refresh then loads each one successfully.

The built-in browser that comes with the OLPC -XO works fine

Like wise the build of Opera for the XO also works and it's reasonably fast.

:o)
support
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Contiki