Progress Report

Discuss the development of a Link Layer Driver for Marinetti

Moderator: support

Progress Report

Postby support » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:43 pm

I was updating the Approach for Driver developement post but I noticed now that the date does not update when I change the contents of that post.

Anyhow the current stats are that I have pulled together 95% of what I think I need based on the DC (Direct Connect Link Layer Driver) driver and Magervalps IP65 asm code.

I have it compiling to a binary, running it under the ProDev DDT16 debugger and of course learning a few things along the way. :o)

My goal is to have an Alpha driver out for testing by the end of the year or sooner if possible.

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Update number #2

Postby support » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:15 am

Santa came early and I have a big Grin on my face :D

I managed to get my first successful telnet session tonight between my IIgs and my pc running windows XP using the Alpha driver I have been working on

Whoho -- feels good ....

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Partial Success with Casper

Postby support » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:58 am

I am having partial success with Casper - I can connect to the web server and down load a web page but I am seeing some strange results.... Too be continued ...

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Been doing a bit more testing

Postby support » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:15 pm

I have some bugs to hunt down ....

I downloaded Kim Howes Arachnid web browser - works ok for the most part, there are problems with the fonts - they are way to big. I can't seem to change the proportional font. Changing the mono font doesn't seem to make a difference either.

DNS resolution appears to be working okay as does access to outside web sites.

I used Arachnid to download Kim Howes telnetNDA. It tries to connect but I have found that the telnet ip packets being sent are 0 length for some reason.

more to come
support
Site Admin

Update

Postby support » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:43 pm

I have found an interesting issue where the Marinetti telnet app work fine until I install the TelnetNDA in the desk.accs folder and then reboot. Both TelnetNDA and Marinetti telnet don't send any data. If I remove the NDA then the Marinetti telnet starts to work again.

I don't even have to load telnetNDA and it still causes MT to fail.

Hmmm

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Status Update?

Postby crazeduser » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:21 am

This is great news! Have made any more progress with the Marinetti LLD since mid December? Bill Martens and myself would love to start using it.

thanks,
-Jim Maricondo
crazeduser

re: Status update

Postby support » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:12 am

Hi Jim,

Things are looking better everyday ... Ewen Wannop is joined me on the LL development. Andrew Roughan and Geoff Weiss are providing advice.

It's not quite ready for a beta test although it is working better due to a bug fix indentified by Ewen. I am hoping to see it stabalize over the next couple of weeks.

The code also has some hardcoded parms (slot, IP Info) which we want to make configureable before we distribute the code for a wider beta test.

I'll try to get a some more detail on the web site in the way of code status and application testing to date.

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Postby aiiadict » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:24 pm

>Things are looking better everyday ... Ewen Wannop is joined me on the
> LL development. Andrew Roughan and Geoff Weiss are providing
>advice.

very cool!

is Kim Howe still working on Arachnid?

It is great that you've got some people helping
out.

Rich
aiiadict

Thanks!

Postby crazeduser » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:05 am

That's great news. Thanks for your fast reply and hard work on this. Looking forward to a beta version!

-Jim
crazeduser

Update February 12th 2006

Postby support » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:41 am

I have updated the web page with some current testing results with various applications. If you are aware of any more applications then please let me know so that we can try them out.

Ewen is currenly working on adding a minimal DHCP client to the code.

http://www.a2retrosystems.com/Marinetti.htm
support
Site Admin

Link Layer available to test

Postby support » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:03 am

If you would like the a copy of the link layer to test please send an email support@a2retrosystems.com.

You should have the latest version of Marinetti installed.

Note: there are still some issues so it should only be used in a test environment at this point.

Glenn
support
Site Admin

Return to Marinetti LLD